Leadership Pre-College Summer Academy
Let the Leadership Pre-College Summer Academy bring out the leader in you. Through this program you will identify your personal leadership strengths and style, enhance critical thinking skills, and hone in on communication skills.
During this week-long intensive program you will engage in a series of integrated lectures, public speaking workshops, field trips, and social and cultural activities. Final student presentations address individual leadership development, theory, and applications. Students will:
- Analyze and discuss their own behavior in group problem-solving challenges
- Define emotional, social, and cultural intelligence and their impact on effective leadership
- Describe concepts, theoretical perspectives, and current trends in organizational leadership
- Apply critical thinking skills to evaluate ethical dilemmas that leaders face
- Make engaging, informative oral presentations with confidence
- Reflect upon and share their own leadership development
- Learn how to communicate and cooperate as a cohesive team through our Leadership Ropes Course
- Participate with world thought leaders through a visit to the United Nations in NYC
July 21-July 27
View a breakdown of what to expect at the Leadership Pre-College Summer Academy.
International and U.S. high school (secondary school) juniors and seniors age 16-18 who are interested in identifying personal leadership strengths and style, enhancing critical thinking skills, and honing in on communication skills should apply.
Students have the option to earn 1.5 credits by registering and paying tuition and fees for the Rutgers University–New Brunswick Summer Session course Introduction to Leadership Studies (11:607:101). Visit the Rutgers–New Brunswick Summer Session website for more information.